Sturgis countdown generator

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Chicken Dish Recipe



Hello all my biking and RV buds,

I wanted to share a recipe I ran across in the Quinlan-Tawakoni News and cooked this weekend.  It is a fairly easy recipe to fix; at least if you have an oven or convection oven.  I cannot make any guarantees on microwaving.

Chicken Dish

1 26 oz pkg fzn shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 24 oz pkg fzn California-blend vegetables (any veggie blend would do)
3 C cubed cooked chicken (I used Tyson fajita chicken strips)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 Cup chicken broth
¾ C French-Fried onions (I would stay away from Walmart brand; not as good as French’s)


  • In a greased 13X9X2” baking dish layer the potatoes, vegetables & chicken.
  •  In a bowl, combine soups & broth; pour over the chicken; the dish will be full.
  • Cover & Bake at 375 degree for one hour.  Uncover & sprinkle with French’s onions.  Return casserole to oven for an additional 10 minutes.
  • Remove & Serve

NOTES:
Since I was using the convection in my microwave oven I cut the recipe in ½ and cooked it all in a 9X9X2” silicone cake-type pan.  I covered it with aluminum foil while cooking.
I am not a big eater but between the two of us there was nothing left.  Guess maybe the fresh air makes ya hungrier.  I wish I had a picture, you will just have to use your imagination until the next time since I still have halfies of the meat, taters & veggies.

Lastly this is such an easy recipe and QUICK to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment